The Governors at Holy Family Catholic Primary School have adopted the developmental programme “A Journey in Love”. This is the recommended resource for the teaching of Relationship and Sex Education because it is compiled specifically to present a Catholic vision. In each Year group, an aspect of love is explored and developed starting from Reception to Year 6. Our pupils are encouraged to marvel at the wonder and beauty of God’s love reflected in each person under the components:
OVERVIEW of Themes
- Reception: God loves each of us in our uniqueness.
- Year 1: We meet God’s love in our family.
- Year 2: We meet God’s love in the community.
- Year 3: How we live in God’s love.
- Year 4: God loves us in our differences.
- Year 5: God loves me in my changing and development.
- Year 6: The wonder of God’s love in creating new life.
As part of our commitment to you, we will hold a meeting annually (coffee mornings) for the parents and carers of children across the school to discuss the programme. As parents, you have the right to withdraw your child from this aspect of the curriculum however, this is not to be confused with curriculum Science which is statutory.
If you require any further clarification regarding this aspect of the curriculum please contact your child’s class teacher or Mrs Quigley (RSE Lead teacher and Deputy Headteacher).
For further information see the RE and RSHE curriculum here https://holyfamilycronton.co.uk/curriculum/re/