Hot lunches in our school are provided by Knowsley Council’s School Meal Service.
The Schools Meals Service provides healthy, nutritiously balanced hot meals freshly made in our school’s own kitchen everyday by our school Chef Mrs White and her team.
School meals are:
- Nutritionally balanced to ensure they are low in fat, sugar and salt and high in vitamins and minerals
- Helping your child to concentrate throughout the day – a hot meal at lunch-time provides energy – as well as encouraging them to try new foods
- Produced to a high quality using locally produced ingredients
- Helping your child to learn the social skills that eating and interacting with others brings
- Great value for money – £2.20 for a primary school meal
Throughout the year there are promotional days, where the school lunch is £1.00. Dates will be shared on the newsletter. Parent App messages are also sent out re promotional lunches.
The meals are provided free for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.The cost of a school meal for KS2 & Nursery children from September 2023 is £2.20 . The menu includes two hot meal choices or a hot baked potato with a choice of fillings/soup sandwich and dessert of choice plus a drink. All of our food is low in fat, sugar, salt but high in vitamins and minerals.
At Holy Family we encourage the children whether on a school lunch or a packed lunch to have an enjoyable and relaxing lunch time experience. Our team of welfare staff support the children’s lunch time experience. We foster healthy choices, responsibility, independence, good manners and chatting to friends.
Find out if your child is eligible for free school meals
Apply for Free School Meals… it’s quick and easy using the online form at:
School meals are free for your child or children if you receive:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 a month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less (but not if you are in work and receive Working Tax Credit)
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Please see a copy of the menu choices available to your children each day.